Re: Petition to amend SCCA bylaws

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Petition to amend SCCA bylaws
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:19:23 -0600
Brian M Kennedy wrote:

> That same amendment would disallow use of Solo2 money for club racing.
> I know in some regions there is a lot of animosity from the Solo2
> folks as they could procure better or even permanent sites if they
> could just use the money they collect from Solo2'ers for Solo2.
> Many of them feel their money is unfairly consumed by club racing
> and other endeavors.

Many people don't realise this, but when they check those little boxes
of "interest" on their membership renewal form, they're asking for their
membership dues to be shared amoung all of the boxes selected.

If everyone in the SCCA autox community who weren't sharing their
time/effort between types of motorsport (club racing, pro racing, solo,
rally etc.) would just check the autoxers (don't recall the exact
wording right now) box and nothing else, a fair bit more money would be
in the coffers for Solo2.

> It seems to me that an amendment that demanded minimal mixing of
> funds would be far better than simply an amendment that prohibited
> pro racing.  Afterall, if they can come up with a self-sustaining
> pro racing series, that would be a _good_ thing for all the SCCA.

That mixing of funds comes partly from alot of us checking more than one
box on that membership form.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/