RE: Petition to amend SCCA bylaws

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Petition to amend SCCA bylaws
From: Lindsay Wilson <lwilson1@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:02:48 -0600
Josh Hadler said;
>Many people don't realise this, but when they check those little boxes
>of "interest" on their membership renewal form, they're asking for their
>membership dues to be shared amoung all of the boxes selected.

  and Eric LinHoff said;
>Re-e-e-e-ealy.  I did not know that.  Is this fact or just supposition?
>Sources?

It IS fact.  Membership allotment, overhead charges and several
other items are divided among the departments based on
the 'check off boxes'.  If you want more of your membership
money to go to Solo programs, then only check the Solo box.

But then a more 'fun' way to eliminate the Solo loss is to simply
have more events AND more entrants!  The additional income
from the sanction fee could be just the answer.  Just by reaching
out and sharing our sport with more of our friends, we can turn
around the national office bottom line!  :)

        Lindsay

FYI, it appears that this is part of the reason the Solo dept. is ahead
of budget for FY 2000 ( which started April 1, 1999.)  Sanction fees
from events are substatialy UP!  A GOOD thing in my view.  :)