Re: Petition to amend SCCA bylaws

To: "John" <john.mikes@worldnet.att.net>, "Brian M Kennedy" <kennedy@i2.com>,
Subject: Re: Petition to amend SCCA bylaws
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:38:34 -0700
>It isn't going to club racing. Club racing is the only SCCA activity to
turn
>a profit. Club racing made $686,136 last year. Solo as a whole lost
$78,222.
============================
And here's where the problem originates.  Nobody at HQ can seem to give us a
breakdown on exactly where all the Solo money went and why exactly Solo
"lost" money.  Therein lies the heart of the suspicion of SCCA.

What exactly are the great expenditures of Solo that put us in the red?
Anyone??  Can't be cash payouts, there aren't any except for contingency
programs which cost the SCCA nothing.  National's trophies can't possibly
cost that much.

Some think that the money is being funnelled into the Pro Racing programs
and SCCA hasn't shown us otherwise.  There's also the tidbit about some HQ
staff people being on the "Solo payroll" yet working in other racing
ventures.

The conspiracy theories build quickly, eh.

Shhhh, be very quiet.  I think I hear a black helicopter hovering over my
house in whisper mode.  I can feel their thought control waves bouncing
around in my head.  AHHH, the voices.  I can't take the voices much
longer.................

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

...i went right to it flooded the carburetor
cranked her up, slipped the clutch
and then somehow got into reverse she kicked
what the hell, next minute i was back in neutral
tried and again slow-ly, bare-ly nudg-ing
my lever right...........
"she being brand new"  by ee cummings