Re: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe

To: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Kudos to NAP and Mark Sipe
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:22:33 -0700
Howard is merely following SCCA policy...control of the news. This is
SOP for any national official; we've run into it before when John and I
published SFR's The Wheel. Don't get mad at Howard for being the
messenger. As with most club publications, the club wants only good news
printed, and supportive letters. Nothing negative, please. Like, who
should get all heated up over a hobby?
    From Howard's (and SCCA's) point of view, the objective is to grow
the club and provide places for its members to play, following some
general direction from the BoD. I think they're doing just that.
    Pylon, which is independent of SCCA and any other club, is a place
to put arguments, and it would be neat if some of you folks would send
some of your ideas to us for "print" in its pages. We dare you to put
some of these good thoughts into ink. :-)
--Pat Kelly
North American Pylon