Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:03:33 -0500

Ron and Angie wrote:

> Or how about the same engine in a GT6?  Since Triumph did use that engine in
> the TR8 here in the states,  you wouldn't have as many hurdles to jump. ;-)
> Only weighs a little more than a Spridget, and less than an MGB GT.  Plus,
> you would have IRS, need to upgrade older cars to the 1500 rear to get rid
> of bad axle jacking.  GT6 Mk.1's had a "back seat", if you would want to
> call it that, and later models are easily adapted.  Or, if you need a real
> back seat, put the same engine in the Vitesse or Herald sedans.  Same
> small-chassis as the Spit/GT6.  Anybody remember the Awesome (sorry Nissan)
> Trans-Am Vitesses of the '70s? ;-)  'Nuff said!

I think the GT6 would/should be ruled a "Sportscar" (rather than being a
sportscar based sedan, which the rule was aimed at, I think it's more of
a sedan based sportscar), and the 3.2 liter V8 is not legal for the
class.  However, a Herald/Vitesse would certainly be legal.
Spitfire/GT6 suspension stuff would bolt on... a 2.5 TR6 engine... yeah!

Here's another idea:

Datsun 510 w/ 300ZX Turbo drivetrain.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad