Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:08:26 -0500

Bob Monday wrote:

> Let's add Civic del Sol to the unnecessarily excluded list. DEFINITELY
> not a sports car as anyone would say who ever drove one.

It's not excluded because it's a sportscar, just as the CRX isn't.  Both
cars have no backseat. (and thus, theoretically, could be lighter...
and, not-so-theoretically, shorter in length)

No, I don't think the delSol or CRX have more performance potential than
the class can handle, but short of specific car listing, how would you
rewrite the rule to allow them without letting in the likes of the Miata
and any other 2-seater sportscar?

The statement "no sportscars" is pretty vague by itself.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca