Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 07:23:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com> wrote:

> How about one of those ultra-light first generation
> GTI's with a VR6?

My favorite for STU:

Or even a bit easier, and more balanced (less front
heavy) than a GTI with the VR6 would be an early
rabbit (75-84) with the new 1.8T motor in it.  Same
size (not including turbo) as the original motor, but
with 150 hp bone stock. With just a chip, the thing
can pump out way more than the VR6.  put in a little
engine work, and you'd be making almost 280 hp from
it, and weighing about 150 pounds less in the front
than the VR6.
Or better yet, put the motor in an early (77-79)
scirocco.

...OR...

What about an aircooled VW with one of the big
displacement (2 Liter) Bus motors...or one with a GTI
motor in it?  that way, you'd have the benefits of the
rear drive as well as the much welcomed HP.

Can you tell I'm a VW guy?
;-)
Buddy
"Hello, my name is Buddy and I've been a swapaholic
for 5 years."