Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 06:02:55 -0500

Judy Becker wrote:

> Howse about a 1974 Fiat x1/9 with a Corvair 140 hp. turbo motor mid-engined?
> Soundz good to me....

Yano, I glanced at the rules last night and those of us who applied the
displacement limit to STU may have been mistaken.  It clearly says that
"drivetrain is unlimited" in STU.  So bring on the 302 Pintos and the
small-block Vegas and the TR8 powered Heralds and anything else you can
think of!

But... since the Fiat never came with a GM engine, I don't think the
Corvair swap would be legal.

Gotta go to work now. <sigh>

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad