Re: The Daddio factor, or how can anyone be that fast?

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>, Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com,
Subject: Re: The Daddio factor, or how can anyone be that fast?
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:30:53 -0700 (PDT)
I'd have to agree 100% on what Brian said.  I too have
experienced drastic improvements that would never have
come without "professional help".

I took part in the BMW Ultimate driving experience
this past summer in Philladelphia.  On the short
autocross course (about 20 seconds average) I was able
to make a THREE SECOND improvement over my first run
to my last run.  We got to run the course once to
learn it, then once "our way", then once the
instructor's way.  Then we got to race against
everyone else in the group (18 people, plus 5
instructors).  One run, to see who's fastest... My way
was 20.98 seconds, the instructor's way first time
(She was yelling "Brake...feed in gas...left side,
right side...etc. while I was running) was 19.03.
Then when I had my third run, I uncorked a 17.95.  I
got beat by one guy by .04 seconds, and all the
instructors beat me too.

It just goes to show that knowing where to go and how
to get there are two different things.

Buddy

But wouldn't it be something if you