Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software
From: Eric W Clements <ewc4@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:21:32 -0400

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 22:05:54 -0700 "GPSoftware" <gpsoftware@icehouse.net>
writes:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Check out Accucros at www.icehouse.net/gpsoftware. It will run on the
> hardware/OS you describe and doesn't require any external timing
> hardware. If you currently have any triggering hardware it is likely
that it
> can be made to work with Accucros. Let me know what you think.

Not that I want to slam your product but I think You would have to be a
little crazy
to depend on a computer for timing an event. The computers I've worked
with have
had problems 10:1 compared to stand alone timers. And the stand alone
timer
problems are almost always with the triggers or wire connections, which
wouldn't
go away with a computer based system.

Eric