RE: Visas to Russia

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Visas to Russia
From: "Paul Zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@att.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 20:24:39 -0400
I had brought some car magazines when I went in the mid-80's.  The customs
guy looked through them, said "I like this one, I keep." and threw it into a
bag.  Being a 15 year old kid, I wasn't about to complain.

Another in our party had a couple of pairs of new Levi's confiscated because
the customs agent felt that he was bringing in too many (we were there for 2
weeks so he brought 7 pairs) and was planning on selling them (okay, maybe
there was SOME truth to that.) on the black market.

My favorite part was a friend that had cut his hair by a significant amount
right before we left.  He looked so different from his Russian visa picture
that they almost sent him back.

PZ