RE: online registration

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: online registration
From: Jeff Winchell <jwinchell@Giftspot.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:39:41 -0700
>My own opinion on also including online payment options is that it would be
more a nifty widget
>for somebody to show off than a practical help. After all, while it would
mean you still have to
>stand in some sort of pay line, at some point you still have to show your
face and say "yeah, I'm >actually here" when you get there.

When you "stand in a line" by paying an online registration, you're the only
one in line, not being slowed down waiting for others in the line ahead of
you, nor are you slowing down anyone by being ahead of them. So the actual
time you are "in line" is 10-30 seconds vs 2-15 minutes. Also, the online
system has much more efficient tracking/accounting capabilities.

As for verifying that you actually are there....

When your car comes up to run, they know you're there.

When you check with the work assignment person before you go out to your
work assignment (like they do at national type events), they know you're
there. You could skip the worker check-in and trade-off the cost of
preventing problems with the cost of fixing them.