Re: Stock class reclassings

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: Stock class reclassings
From: Mike Lamfalusi <lamfalus@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
I never said I knew this to be true.  I never made a "statement," as in one
of fact.  From what I've heard I just said I wouldn't be surprised with how
well the car seems to run.  Not to mention, even if it were true, is that
bad?  As far as I know that wouldn't violate any rules.  People seem to
think that I was accusing him of cheating or something.  Even if someone
does open up their engine, there is nothing illegal about that, have to be
able to repair head gaskets, etc.  I wouldn't care even it that was the
case.  I'd just love to be able to prep my car as well as he is able to.  He
has set a standard for the rest of us to shoot for and try to acheive with
our own setups.  If I'm lucky, one day I might get there.  And as one person
pointed out in a perhaps more eloquently worded post than mine, he likes his
car different from most.  He likes it very loose which is often the fastest
way to go, but most people just can't get over the feel of a car being that
loose.  That is a credit to his driving, which I did indeed give him kudos
for in my original post.  I'm sure he could have beat the field in probably
any one of their Neons, but he just beat them more handily with his since it
is setup to the limits.

I just hope that everyone doesn't think that I am some kind of Daddio
basher.  On the contrary, if only I could acheive what he has.  I wasn't
complaining or accusing, I was just trying to say that Daddio's car(s) are
setup to the ABSOLUTE max and that has to be looked at too as far as what he
acheived in DS, besides his admittedly incredible driving capabilities.
This whole thing started out regarding car classing after all and not driver
classing, right?

Mike

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:19:46 -0700, Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:

>  You had better have some facts to back up statements like this.  If this
is just
>  pure conjecture on your part, I would keep "ideas" like that to myself.
If you
>  have never seen Mark run, you don't realize how smooth he is.  He *looks*
slow
>  compared to a thrasher like Leverone who turns in similar times.
>
>  FWIW:  Daddio runs a stock muffler on his Neon, while the others run
straight
>  pipes...it's him, not the car.
>
>  Keep in mind that he has more knowledge about shocks and their affects on
>  handling in his little pinky than most of us have in our entire bodies.
Nick