Re: Thanks Sid

To: washburn@dwave.net, deleon@sstar.com
Subject: Re: Thanks Sid
From: Popsracr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 00:14:02 EDT
In a message dated 07/18/2000 10:58:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
washburn@dwave.net writes:

<< Why is it that a lot of people running in stock class are not able to
 > understand the meaning of the word STOCK.Sure there are 432 good reasons to
 > modify your car. as in;It's faster/safer/more
fun/dependable/cheaper/better/and
 > the one I love,I bought it with a factory defect and need to fix it!
 > Stock cars arriving at a event on trailers- think about it,foolish??
 > Sport cars towing trailers with a $1000 worth of  rims/rubber to run stock
 > class(vetts $2000) yes you were sold to the tire Co's so you could change
 > there rubber when you got there,foolish?? >>

Running stock class is a great way to compare driving skill rather than car
setups.  It's also a fun way to race competitively for the sport of it all
with a car that doubles as a daily driver.  Cars on trailers is also fine for
those who need the space or have other motives.

SP, P, and mod classes are cool too but the majority of class winning cars
are put together as barely street legal to full race and can only be enjoyed
on race day.

Sounds to me like you haven't considered the perspective of how and why this
sport has evolved.  Amateur racing is very cool for all who enjoy it.

Sure you can dump a lot of money into a car in virtually any class or
participate at a very inexpensive budget too.  Keep in mind that as far as
competition goes, more is always better and much more fun.

Consider fully the multitude of reasons why people race what they do and the
main reason why anyone would do this in the first place.  You'll find that
it's for the thrill of it all.

Jim "I love this game" Harn