Re: Thanks Sid

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks Sid
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:28:45 -0400
With all due respect to all of you SM drivers (who are clearly
participating in the spirit of SM), I would argue that AM, BM, CM, DM,
EM, and FM are pretty darn different classes than SM.  Any AM drivers out
there who use their car as a commuter?  BM?  CM?  FM?  It *might* be
possible with some DM and EM cars, but most mod cars are not street
legal. Let's not set up a straw man in this argument, O.K.?

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:13:02 -0400 "Ian" <ianmcfetridge@earthlink.net>
writes:
> DG wrote:
> > Popsracr@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > > SP, P, and mod classes are cool too but the majority of class
> winning
> > cars
> > > are put together as barely street legal to full race and can
> only be
> > enjoyed
> > > on race day.
> >
> > Can we _please_ put an end to this myth?
> >
> > There are many, many competitive SP cars that are daily drivers,
> and ALL
> > the current SM cars are daily drivers. In fact, that's the whole
> schtick.
> >
> > My SM Talon gets driven to work every day. It's in the parking lot
> right
> > now.
>
> My 135k mile ESP Eclipse is still a daily driver and so far this
> year, I've
> put 10k miles on my 1997 SM Eclipse.
>
> Ian
> 92GSX Philly ESP, retired to commuter duties
> 97GSX Philly Region's Street Modified!

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
-----anything after this, I didn't write, and don't necessarily agree