Re: Thanks Sid

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks Sid
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:17:58 -0700
On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:51:51 -0400 Karl Witt <witt@mediaone.net> writes:
> It wasn't a straw man...the original statement wasn't just about
> mod...it  was a blanket statement about all non-stock classes.

Except that inherent in the whole concept of Street Mod was the idea that
these modifications were commonly done performance mods on streetable
cars.  (Seems to me I recall reading a lot about cars with turbo upgrades
having to run in EMod and that not being neither fair to these
competitors nor the idea behind Mod?)

Commonly done performance mods on streetable cars was not the rationale,
I think, behind the establishment of at least Prepared and Mod classes.
SO...Street Mod (which was not mentioned, along with STS and STR in the
original statement) seems different than other Mod classes.  Sorry if you
were offended, but I really don't think the STS/STR/SM classes were the
SP, P, or mod classes under discussion.  Or perhaps I should say it this
way--say "mod car" to most SCCA members and most of them will think
AM/BM/CM/DM/EM/FM, not SM.

mlc
'91 MR2 NA

------I take no responsibility for anything below this line------