Re: Solo DSC: was "Street Modified cost" (LONG)

To: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>,
Subject: Re: Solo DSC: was "Street Modified cost" (LONG)
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 18:40:06 -0500
I guess it is about as original as the SCCA Pro-Solo format, huh? Sorry, but
it is about the best that I can do.

I sure am glad you have already figured a way to "beat the system". I will
issue a personal invite when I have an inaugeral event, just to watch you
take the overall winner spot. :-)

But the thought to make G-Techs and Geez software illegal at Solo DSC events
enters my mind at this point. Hopefully, by doing so it would once again
bring the
focus back to the driver and nothing else, which is the goal here.

We tried to "sandbag" at the practice, but none of us were good enough to be
very
consistant at beating the 1/2% break-out. I can see how it could be done
with electronic aids. Hmm, let me think about this for a while.

Thank you for your criticism. It could ultimately help me to improve on this
idea.