Re: Solo DSC: was "Street Modified cost" (LONG)

To: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solo DSC: was "Street Modified cost" (LONG)
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 07:29:23 -0500
I must be a glass is half full kind of person, because what I get from your
story is that Solo *did* work.  You wouldn't be posting this note if it
hadn't. (And we're glad it did!)

Your point, in my interpretation, seems to relate more to the marketing and
advertisment of Solo2 as opposed to the structure and operation of the
Solo2 events themselves.

Jay wrote:
> > Where's the evidence that Solo II isn't working just fine in its
present form?

Charles replied:

> I have evidence by way of the story of how I learned about solo II.
<<<<<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> I went to that next, otherwise secret, meeting, and I've been hooked
> since.  I have yet to work a race, BTW, although I have worked a Solo I
> in exchange for free Solo II entries.
>
> SCCA has the same problem as ham radio.  Most people don't even know
> those things exist or, more imprtantly, how to join, even if they are
> interested in the types of activities that are involved.
>
> That's my evidence.
>
> Some say Solo II's not broken because fields are getting too big
> anyway.  They want to keep the secret to themselves.  I don't.
>
> BTW, I didn't buy the F440.  Sometimes I wish I had.

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI