RE: SM2 at Topeka

Subject: RE: SM2 at Topeka
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Jeff Winchell wrote:
> Despite CP's softness, no one expects even the best ESP car and driver
> to WIN CP. Place very highly, absolutely... though then they'd find
> out how friendly CP is when they were protested for running tires 1"
> wider than CP legal even though the tires were DOT tires not slicks,
> and the car weighed 700 lbs more than the CP cars they beat.

When's the last time someone in CP protested somebody?  Seriously, I'd
like to know.

Not to mention that in the situation you describe the car would be legal.

And also not to mention that the rules exist and are to be adhered to,
even if they don't make sense.  As numerous people have vehemently said
over the years.

Mark