RE: SM2 at Topeka

Subject: RE: SM2 at Topeka
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Jeff Winchell wrote:
> >> Nope. Not with 17" rims... which slow the car down by raising the
> >> center of gravity.
>
> >What does your car weigh?
>
> 3130
>
> >What motor?
>
> 32V aluminum DOHC Cobra motor with aftermarket fuel injection (all the things
>that CP
> hates<s>).

Then you're legal.  15% weight penalty from 2700 + 50 lbs == 3155.  Ok, so
you gotta fill the tank.  :-)

> The rule proposal said SP cars running on ***DOT*** tires could run wider
>than P legal
> wheel widths. I also said DOT tires countless times in messages on the CP
>thread back then
> as well on this list. Not that anyone listens.

No, we listen fine.  That idea is idiotic.  How does it benefit the
competitor to have to test DOT vs. Slicks?  How does it benefit the
competitor to have two totally difference sets of rules make a car legal
for the same class?  We already have that with the "in excess" part of the
Prepared ruleset, which most people already don't like.  Why make it
worse?  So that you can run your totally ESP legal car in CP?  Why is that
a benefit?

Mark