Re: SM2 at Topeka

Subject: Re: SM2 at Topeka
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:25:36 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Jeff Winchell wrote:
> 15.4.A "Any wheel not exceeding the diameter specified in Appendix A
> is permitted." 15.4.F "The manufacturer's original wheel size may be
> used" Appendix A, Prepared Class C Mustang ('94+) 16x12
>
> If you want to use 17" wheels on a '94+ Mustang, you're limited to 9"
> diameter (of the '95 Cobra R via backdate/update).
>
> You CP guys are right on target with your slams, I don't know anything
> about the CP rules. Only CP drivers do.<s>

My god you are one stubborn son of a bitch.  Did it ever occur to you that
I might be pretty damned familier with the Prepared section rules?

Look at item 25 in the solo tech bulletins at
http://www.scca.org/news/fastrack/02-04.pdf

That section was inadvertently deleted from the '02 rules.  It addresses
vehicles prepared over the "normal" section 15 solo rules.

Any prepared competitor could have told you that had you asked or, in this
case, merely _listened_ to someone who's a lot more acquainted with the
prepared rules than you are. Instead, you chose, both here and on the CP
list, to act like a spoiled brat who couldn't have things exactly his way
all the time.  I _wonder_ why people don't seem to like you?

Mark