Re: [evolution-disc.] SS getting DSQ'ed /video tapes allowed as

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] SS getting DSQ'ed /video tapes allowed as
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:05:11 -0700
At 10:40 AM 8/13/2002, Mark Sirota wrote:
>--On Monday, August 12, 2002 3:41 PM -0700 Randy Chase <randyc2@cox.net>
>wrote:
>>The clock starts at the end of the runs for that class, so the first car
>>may in impound for 15 minutes before the last car arrives.  And we are
>>told to wait for the official results before releasing people, which
>>sometimes takes a bit longer.
>
>The Nationals supps say:
>
>         All vehicles will be held in the grid/impound area for
>         30 minutes and/or until released by the Chief of Impound.
>
>My own interpretation of this doesn't match what Randy writes above --
>I think the clock starts when the last car arrives in impound, so that
>all competitors in the class should have half an hour to inspect every
>other car in their class.  If you start the clock when the first car
>arrives, then that driver has more time than everyone else, and the
>last car has less time to get inspected.

Umm.. I think that is what I said. After the last run of that class (there
is an assumption that the car then enters impound). :)

My point really was in regards to the previous posts. Karen had mentioned
holding cars for only 15 minutes and a competitor mentioned being there for
30 minutes and both statements can be true. The first car in from a class
can easily be there an additonal 15 minutes. I have worked impound and had
second drivers get reruns and we had to wait 20-25 minutes for the last car
to get into impound.

>Also, I believe the 30 minute limit is a *minimum*.  If it takes longer
>to complete the impound process, including getting the results, so be it.
>That's why it says "and/or until released".  The wording does leave it
>open for the Chief of Impound to release cars earlier, so long as all
>the impound procedures have been met.

Agreed. And I normally try to release the cars in a timely manner that
makes sense. Specially if all the requirements are met. Stickers, tires,
weights. All competitors are in grid and have told me that they have no
issues (I have long since learned to quit asking if they are all happy).
:)  And the results, which we do not always await for, but often do.
Specially on Sunday at a Pro.

Randy Chase
http://www.conecam.com/