Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals
From: RX7cat@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:29:28 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2002 4:13:54 PM Central Standard Time,
madurskir@saic.com writes:

> >>She did a fine job of explaining her interpretation that was confirmed by
> some unknown national staff who may or may not have seen/read the supp
> presented on the list.

Confirmed by Paula Whitney who helped rewrite that particular supp a month or
so ago when it was deemed unclear.  Paula acknowledges that it is difficult
to get the wording as clear as they would like.  The grid procedure supp has
undergone another revision, which I believe will make things clearer.  This
particular revision will for sure be in your packet at Nationals if it does
not get posted to the web before that.  Unfortunately the National Staff is
very busy right now pulling together all the last minute details to put the
event on, and put it on well.
The grid procedure as I explained it yesterday, _is_ the procedure for this
years Nationals.

If it helps to clarify, I'll give an example.

Assume the course is 60 secs long.  Lets just use an imaginary class for
discussion.

12 Bob Jones
27 Jim Smith
40 Pete Peterson
41 Sam Hill
97 Jack Johnson
112 Fred Flintstone (I'm running out of generic names;-)
197 Frank Baum

Cars will go to the start in the following order...12 ,27 ,40, 41, 97, 112
(it should have been 5 minutes at this point by the time that we get
numerically to Fred, but if for some reason it wasn't , see the discussion
regarding car 197), 197, (Okay, for sure it won't be 5 minutes since Frank's
codriver Jack drove, so Frank will wait.  The grid staff will move onto the
next class and start sending them.  When it has been at least (more on the at
least part in a minute), 5 minutes, the grid staff will return to 197 and
clear him to go out on course.
Now, back to the 5 minute part... it's a _minumum_ wait time. If when the
grid staff gets back to 197, if he's not ready, they will give him a few more
minutes...no biggie.  He can't stall forever, but he does have time to get
ready.

Does it make sense now?

Beth