Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals

To: <RX7cat@aol.com>, <tholt@ccsi.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:52:46 -0500
> In a message dated 8/29/2002 4:52:06 PM Central Standard Time,
tholt@ccsi.com

> > running as efficiently as possible.

IMHO, because 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. IS a lot more efficient, at the outset,
than is 86, 27, 44, 8, 19, 53, etc.

You START with that because it is the most efficient way, then adjust as
needed for other contingencies (co-drivers, reruns and mechanicals).

I've often observed, when I've been a grid chief, that it is a simple
one-man job UNTIL the s*** starts to happen, and it starts to happen as soon
as the first rerun is called or the first co-driver's turn to go out. If it
was one driver per car, no more, grid would be a cakewalk. But this is a
sport that allows, even encourages, co-drivers so we do what we must to
accommodate them. And "we" in that sentence is not just the grid workers, it
is every driver on that grid understanding the situation and being flexible
enough to bend with the breeze.

--Rocky Entriken

[permission to forward to Evo list granted; I'm not on it]