Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals

To: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:57:32 -0600
Well I hope Beth's description is what is going to happen. The difference for
me in AS (21 cars)
will be huge. I will be the 2nd 2 driver car out at #48. If we try to maintain
the numerical order as
Beth described, I will be the 8th car out in our class, and my co-driver will
be 10 cars behind me,
with me 11 cars behind him before I go out again. That sounds like it should
work good with no
delays (and fair too).

If the 1st drivers of 2 driver cars are to run before any of the 1 driver cars
go out, then I will be
the 2nd out and my codriver (#148) will follow in 16 cars, with me being due
for my second run
only 5 cars later. We won't be ready and my 5 minutes won't be up in that time
frame causing
delays (and me having the advantage of warmer tires...okay, I like that part!).

Anyway, this is just an example of how AS will play out. One way is much more
fair and efficient
than the other. Just my 2 cents worth.

Also, did anyone notice Mark Sirota's email on the grid revisions coming out?
The 1st paragraph
reads:

> D.6. The Grid Chief shall have the discretion to determine the run order
> within each heat, balancing the conflicting goals of running in numerical
> order within class, fairness to drivers of both single-driver and
> two-driver cars, keeping entire classes together, and facilitating
> efficient event operation.  No competitor shall take a second run until
> after all drivers have completed their first run.  After the completion
> of each run, vehicles must return directly to the grid.  Vehicles are not
> permitted to depart the grid area for service.

Scott Troyer
AS#48