RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals

To: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals
From: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:54:33 -0400
I wrote this a long time ago (45 minutes :-) and didn't send it so it's kind
of out of order in the discussion...

But you've got other classes in the heat...

So,  here's how it would work in your heat based on how I would run grid as
chief.
   46 Paul Williams        89 Chevrolet Corvette Red Hoosier
Cincinnati
   48 Scott Troyer         93 Chevrolet Corvette Rub Kumho            SnRv
   57 Les Schober          95 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Hoosier          Chi
   84 Bob Isley            89 Chevy Corvette White   Kumho
Arizona
   99 Jerry Hodge          96 Chevy Vette Silver     Hoosier          Ystn
   3 Steve Waters         91 Chevrolet Corvette ZR- Hoosier          Atl
   11 Tom Pora             91 Chevy Corvette Blue    Hoosier
Colorado
   21 Chuck Spittal        91 Chevy Corvette Burgand Hoosier          Oregon
   24 Chang Ho Kim         89 Chevrolet Corvette Blu Hoosier          NEng
   37 David James          99 BMW M-Coupe Silver     Kumho            WDC
   45 Scott McHugh         89 Chevrolet Corvette Whi Kumho            CSCC
   71 Jim French           89 Chevrolet Corvette Blu Hoosier          Wich
   74 Dave Morton          96 Chevrolet Corvette Sil Hoosier          Land o
Lakes
   89 Russell Lorts        89 Chevrolet Corvette Red Kumho            CSCC
   93 Brian Robertson      89 Chevrolet Corvette Ele Kumho            CSCC
   96 Jim Martin           91 Chevrolet Corvette Bla Hoosier          SanF
  146 Mark Presley         89 Chevrolet Corvette Red Hoosier          OhV
  148 Cal Craner           93 Chevrolet Corvette Mar Kumho
Yellowstone
  157 Mike Bullis          95 Chevrolet Corvette ZR- Hoosier          Chi
  184 Jason Isley          89 Chevy Corvette White   Kumho
Arizona
  199 Charlie Shelton      96 Chevrolet Corvette Sil Hoosier          Utah

See, there is no huge advantage to running it this way for AS because there
aren't 20 single driver cars.  BUT, what it does do is make it possible for
them to run closer together.  Granted it's only a couple of minutes but that
can make a difference in KS in September.

Better yet, grid em up that way 46-99, 3-96.  Then they are even in the
correct order when the second drivers time comes up.

I guess we should have had this discussion a few months ago because it
doesn't sound like there will be any change.

: Also, did anyone notice Mark Sirota's email on the grid
: revisions coming out? The 1st paragraph
: reads:
:
: > D.6. The Grid Chief shall have the discretion to determine
: the run order
: > within each heat, balancing the conflicting goals of
: running in numerical
: > order within class, fairness to drivers of both single-driver and
: > two-driver cars, keeping entire classes together, and facilitating
: > efficient event operation.  No competitor shall take a
: second run until
: > after all drivers have completed their first run.  After
: the completion
: > of each run, vehicles must return directly to the grid.
: Vehicles are not
: > permitted to depart the grid area for service.
:
: Scott Troyer
: AS#48
:

Sure, it basically says it doesn't matter what the rules say.  But I'd still
like to know before I get to grid how it is supposed to run.

Ron (not the Chief of Grid) Madurski
FM 24

:
: