Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:31:42 EST
In a message dated 2/27/2005 5:21:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
knuckledragger@kcweb.net writes:
But Charlie, what about the "Street" in "Street Prepared"?  Isn't SP
supposed to be a "street legal" category?  What about "Street Modified"?  At
what point do we change the definition of the word street?  And why?
I don't agree with the terms "Street" Prepared and "Street" Modified.
Neither are truly streetable.  SP stands for "Strangely Prepared" in my book.
It's
just another Prepared category in my book.  I see a lot of new members in the
ST classes because the rules fit the cars that enthusiasts have and the way
they modify them.  SP has ended up just another category for existing members
go to.  Nothing wrong with that, in and of itself, but there's a lot of gray
hair on the SP grid, just as there is on the Prepared and Mod grids.

Oddly enough, there are lots of young people in SM at the Regional level.
But they get blown away by Vic Sias or Jeff Reitmeir when they show up.

I don't see SM as a category that's growing.  How many more SM classes do we
need?

But I see ST as a growing category because the rules make sense.  And I think
Steve should set his points levels for the GT classes so existing ST cars are
competitive.

Charlie