Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PRO/Car and Driver Schedule and Classing available now...
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:10:26 -0800 (PST)
--- Chuck wrote:

> Am I the only one that looks at it from the other
> side? How DARE the SCCA
> make rules that keep a competitive PRO/car from
> being competitive in
> National Tours? Why shouldn't SCCA change their
> rules so I can run my
> competitive PRO car with cat removed and lightenened
> flywheel in SCCA STS?
> (roll eyes)

Let me get this straight...  You want a club with
55,000 members to change rules used in hundreds of
events across the country, including the largest
motorsport competition in the country, because the new
kid on the block (whose program died an early death
last time)uses different rules?

The first "S" in STS stands for "Street." If you want
to remove cats and use light flywheels, SCCA has a non
street legal category for you.  It's called SP.  There
are a lot of us who like STS just like it is.  I'd
think if Steve was smart, he would make sure that
large target market could effectively compete as they
are currently prepared.

Charlie