Re: STS Class Supported in SFR

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>, lollipop@ricochet.net,
Subject: Re: STS Class Supported in SFR
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:10:47 -0800 (PST)
Every class that isn't a spec class is a PAXed class,
every car in the class is given the same PAX. Is this
fair? Rarely. Saying the pax index is a work of
fiction is only as true as pointing out how many
mis-classed cars there are.

The BMW club seems to have a wild and crazy points
system for classifying cars. A sort of macro pax. As
far as I could tell you get base points for a
particular car, then add more points the more you mod
the car. Appealing at first, until you realize that
the argument just goes down one level to "how much are
tires really worth" or "how much faster do exhaust
mods make you go on a 78 733i. Hopefully I
misunderstood the complexity of their process.