Re: STS Class Supported in SFR

To: lollipop@ricochet.net, Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>,
Subject: Re: STS Class Supported in SFR
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:25:18 -0500

Message text written by Andy McKee

>>" Other National level events and series didn't
>>see much more participation.  IMHO, that is not nearly enough data on
which to
>>determine a number.  With all of the Street "X" variations this year I
think
>>some of the PAX indexes assigned to them are just WAGs.

IMHO, there is NEVER enough data upon which to base a PAX number! The
differences in course design between what we see here and the other regions
is significant. Only the Topeka courses are similar to ours.

>>Granted, this is probably coming across as a "me me" argument since I
compete
>>in the PAX class.  I understand the limitations of the PAX system and
that some
>>classes have a "soft" PAX, but at least they are in the ballpark if you
take a
>top car in a given class driven by a top driver."

Yep! I find certain aspects of the PAX class to be unacceptable. Thus I run
in my "normal" class even though the handicap is considerable. I do not
trust anybody who tells me the way to win is to filter the scores through a
magic black box.
The PAX concept was invented by Jim McKamey as a device to stage
Professional Autocross events (PAX being Pro auto-X). It is Dave Beck's
intention that PAX be used as an informational tool, not as the basis for
class competition.
        I prefer heads-up competition.

--John Kelly