RE: STS Class Supported in SFR

To: ba-autox-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: STS Class Supported in SFR
From: Bill Martin <martin_93555@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 08:08:18 -0800 (PST)
For what it's worth, from an SFR member way out on the
frontier,  I think supporting STS will work out well
for you.  I know you've had considerable rookie
participation, and they're sometimes loath to
integrate into the formal SCCA structure.

Down here at Cal Club events, the STS has overnight
become one of the largest classes.  Mostly rookies or
other non-serious people plus a smattering of
experienced people like myself in mildly set up daily
drivers.  We've had several events with entries in the
high 20's and the win decided by a tenth or less.

Obviously you're encountering confusion with SCCA's
STR and your ST Rookie.  Perhaps you could consider
calling them Novices, as is the case in Cal Club and
San Diego. So far, adding N's to classes causes no
redundencies.  That would allow you to adopt full SCCA
nomenclature.

Don't get up there as much as I'd like -- maybe see
you at Lemoore.

  --  Bill Martin