Re: Trailer crew in 3rd heat

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer crew in 3rd heat
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:20:16 EST
Katie Kelly writes:

> This is a serious problem and if something isn't done to fix it, we're going
> to have nightmares like this forever. That motorhome is really comfy and
> convenient, but when you can't see who's at the line and who's finishing,
> and who's out on course, it defeats the whole purpose. We were better off

It's amazing to me how we continually fail to adapt.  When we had the
trailer, the timing crews insisted in having sorter/announcer/timer/writer in
order left to right, even if the course started on the right, where we should
have gone the other direction.

Now, we insist on the sorter sitting at the back table, when they could have
done the job so much better from one of the front seats and passed them back
to the announcer.  We HAVE done this before (rarely) but it works...  The
nice thing about the motorhome is its adaptability to different course
layouts, and it amazes me that in the hotbed of "out of the box thinking" we
can't put the card sorter in a place where they can see the starting line.

CHD