RE: Trailer crew in 3rd heat

To: "'Jim Ochi '" <jochi@ricochet.net>, "'Elbert Chin '"
Subject: RE: Trailer crew in 3rd heat
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:02:28 -0800
 Actually, the FRS isn't a bad idea.  As John Stimson said, we had the
problem of having two different radio channels, but an apparently random
assortment of course workers/grid workers/starter on each channel.  Once a
group is running, that's not very easy to correct.  At least the FRS is a
totally different radio, so you wouldn't accidentally hand one to a course
worker like you might with a regular walkie talkie set to the wrong channel.

Having said that, I think we managed to get fairly accurate cone counts in
group 5.  As cone counter, I only heard half of the course workers on
channel 1, but it did seem like someone else in the trailer was listening to
channel 3 as well.

In the end the event ran quite smoothly thanks to the efforts of some great
event chairs.

Peter