Re: Trailer crew in 3rd heat

To: David Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: Trailer crew in 3rd heat
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:14:48 -0800
In message <4.3.2.7.2.20010131092511.00b6dc88@uclink4.berkeley.edu>David Rowney
 writes
>At 07:58 PM 1/30/2001 -0800, Pat wrote:
>>  As a backup, someone in the T&S crew could keep
>>a running log of times turned, even with the car #, so we could look it
>>up. Just a thought to throw out.
>

>Good suggestion - how about the time slip worker at the finish being
>equipped with a clipboard; after he writes the time on the time slip, he
>writes the time on the clipboard along with the car number.  This way the
>timing crew has no new tasks but a backup of numbers and times is maintained.

Hmmm, perhaps there's a high-tech solution -- I think that there is
a printer port on the back of the timer.  I also recall seeing a printer
tucked away somewhere in the motorhome.  Perhaps we could hook 'em up,
and just get a log out of it?  The scorer or somebody else in the trailer
could annotate it as they got time...

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net