RE: Trailer crew in 3rd heat

To: "'Pilixx@aol.com'" <Pilixx@aol.com>, dcolicch@ix.netcom.com,
Subject: RE: Trailer crew in 3rd heat
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:17:58 -0800
Well, Pilar, all I can say is God bless you. Unfortunately, not all of us
have been around twenty years. We need a quick training program, and fast!
:)

What makes card sorting difficult, or just working in the trailer so
mentally demanding, is that you need to be able to improvise. To do that,
you have to trust the people you're working with. When everyone's relaxed,
it can ACTUALLY be a lot of fun. I've worked in there, and we were just
laughing our heads off. When you're trailer crew is having fun, everyone has
fun.

When you're brand new at it, it's probably a lot more common to feel a lot
of pressure. Things CAN get hectic, so it's a lot harder to relax. All I can
say to those who are now totally paranoid about working in the trailer,
DON'T be. Once you're around and you know the people you're working with,
you'll be more comfortable.

Regarding radios at the start, I'm with Kevin Stevens. I view this as a last
resort, when it's impossible to see who's there. It's the same reason why I
feel the smaller the trailer crew, the better. The more links you add to
communication, it becomes more like the game of telephone. The message
becomes more skewed and confused with each transmission.

Fortunately, now that we're all talking about this, I think we will see some
resolution. I'll bet you anything the next event will be fantastic.

Katie