RE: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: Chris Warner <jabrwoky@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:41:43 -0800
The only challenge that prevents us geeks from implementing an automated
system is not technical, but political.  Building the infrastructure, coding
the software, and deploying the system live.  It's so technically easy it's
almost trivial.  The hard part is getting people to accept it and use it.  I
am a programmer, not a politician.  That's why us geeks have failed so far.
We don't do politics.

I bet 20 years ago people were saying it would be impossible to report the
results in 2 days electronically.

Chris