Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: Geoff Mohler <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>,
Subject: Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:49:58 -0500

Message text written by Geoff Mohler

"No, but we are talking about an SCCA event, of which I and others
financially support."

Speaking of the financials:
        1) The San Francisco Region Solo II program is financed by its
entry fees.
        2) The dues money you're required to pay goes to the region and
National, not to the separate SFR Solo II bank account.
        3) The return a Solo II driver receives from SF Region is The
Wheel. Period!
        4) The return a Solo II driver receives from National is Sports Car
magazine, rules making committees, and the ability to purchase event
insurance which we pay for out of entry fees.

        In sum, if you are not entering events you are not giving any
financial support to the SF Region Solo II program.
        And if you question why we belong to SF Region, be prepared for
another lengthy discussion about SCCA politics, regional territories, etc.

--John Kelly