Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: gemohler@www.speedtoys.com, jerry@moutons.org, lollipop487@home.com,
Subject: Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:42:04 -0500

Message text written by "Rob Weinstock"

"
Would it help at all if the SCCA licenses were bar coded with some of this
information?

Rob"

Some 25 years ago when I serevd on the SF Region BoD, our RE of the time,
the late Ross Hansel, thought everybody in SCCA should receive a membership
card similar to a gasoline station credit card.
        (Would it help to know he was an accountant for Chevron? <G>)
        With a mag stripe a single swipe would provide all the info needed
and then you sign the release--insurance says it must happen on the day of
the event--and the work assignment.

        Well, so far that hasn't happened. <G>

--John Kelly