Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Subject: Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: Geoff Mohler <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:29:29 -0800 (PST)
> I think his point had to do with your experience in running/working larger
> events, not setting a participation requirement.
---
Im not commenting on expereience..I was just laying out an opinion, thats
all.  Email leaves a lot to be desired in how you communicate, but clearly
it came across much more harsh than perhaps intended.

> > Just darn well explain in this public forum why you think active
> > participation has squat to do with trying to help.  Because you made a
> > clear shot at equating participation with involvement in the region.  And
> > while that may be true in many position in regional and event management,
> > it clearly has no basis in -here- as a measure of relevance.  Im a paying
> > SCCA member, and Ive said nothing to deserve personal criticism about a
> > point of view about an open topic.  I let thousands of threads pass here,
> > but rarely do I speak up with what I think.  I guess its OK for the region
> > to take my yearly dues, but im still not entitled to a simple opinion?
>
> This isn't an SCCA forum, official or otherwise.  I didn't see a personal
> criticism issued by Jerry.  And certainly everyone is entitled to their
> opinion, but equally certainly all opinions aren't equally qualified.
---
No, but we are talking about an SCCA event, of which I and others
financially support.

> > ---
> > Dont get into PR as a day job Jerry, and I wont get into database
> > work..because I dont know it.  I just placed what I thought was an idea,
> > that Ive seen work in other places.  You surely could have explain why it
> > wont work here rather than come out both barrels loaded for bear.  I dont
> > have your experience with it.  Imagine now how people on the list with
> > similar ideas now feel "Wow, better keep my mouth shut, these people dont
> > care to hear it anyway".
> >
> > If you want to discuss it..thats fine, if you dont, thats fine..just that
> > you have no right to dismiss me and cut me off at the knees for even
> > trying.
>
> I thought you said above that everyone had a right to their opinion?  ;)
---
And he does, but it doesnt mean it deserves debate, when it becomes
pesonal.

> KeS

---
Geoff Mohler