RE: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: Bay_Area_Autocross_List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:37:25 -0500

Message text written by Chris Warner

"
I am refering to peoples resistance to change.  "If it ain't broke don't
fix
it" attitude.  I see it all the time in my line of work."

As you continue your conversation and research you will realize the
resistance to this change relates to previous efforts to make it work.
Jerry's efforts were done in secret and then revealed.
        I doubt we are going to go anyplace until somebody presents a solid
way on how to make it happen and then shepherds it all the way through.
        Once again I refer you to Josh Sirota's presentation. Ultimately he
gave up producing results for SF Region even though he had the latest
hardware, etc.
        Before Josh's effort, we've had some other folks make attempts to
do what you suggest and they have given up. Say didn't I say this once
before?
        The reality is we operate in some very difficult situations with
unstable electrical power sources, sometimes bad weather, etc.

--John Kelly