Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>,
Subject: Re: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:20:52 -0800
Kevin,
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by:
 If you had been consulted beforehand, perhaps
>those of us who *don't* live with the scorekeeper might still be waiting
>a week or two to get the results.
Whether John and I are a pair or not has nothing to do with the speed or
lack of speed in getting the results up on the web. You are very unclear
with this assertion. Although I suspect that when you run events that are
not "ours," you find it takes two weeks. However, historically, SFR has
always gotten their printed results out in less than a week, even before the
advent of computers. Don't know about any other groups.
    As to John being the chief nay-sayer, I don't think so...a most unfair
attribution, in my opinion. He's been very quiet on this subject and many
other...though we've had discussions about every topic here at home. :)
--Pat Kelly