RE: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring

To: Chris Warner <jabrwoky@pacbell.net>, Jerry Mouton
Subject: RE: Preregistration and computerized timing/scoring
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:23:05 -0800 (PST)
--- Chris Warner <jabrwoky@pacbell.net> wrote:
> So far, my hardware requirements are not to steep.
> 1) 2 computers, laptops preferably for portability
> and power issues.  If you

No easily available laptop will last long enough
without AC or a second battery.

> go for new computers, warrentees could help if there
> is hardware failures.
> Both Dell and IBM offer onsite 24hour turn around
> times.
Or we could buy from the first company to get XP out
on a laptop, best seller in retail and happens to have
offices located in the South Bay and makes printers
too :-) :-)  :-)   and we might have someone that
could support the equipment in the club :-)

> 2) A wireless lan
Most new laptops have 802.11b integrated - or at least
they will buy them time we buy anything.

Craig
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com