RE: SFR rule

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SFR rule
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:19:14 -0800
I used to be totally against the passenger rule, like it was the most
offensive thing to ever happen to the sport of Solo, but then people
kept reminding me that this was all supposed to be for fun, and that
this ISN'T nationals. Even then, it was tough to sway me. Then, one day,
Shauna Marinus, who let me co-drive with her for a year, said, disgusted
with my driving, you need to ride with me. I shamefully sat in the
passenger seat and hid my face. This was against my code of honor. But
she opened my EYES.

Did it help me? Not really. I drove pretty terribly that whole year. I'd
watch and mimic, and there'd be moments of potential, and then, for the
most part, not.

But it was FUN.

Katie K.