RE: SFR rule

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: SFR rule
From: "Scott Loughmiller" <scott@radiate.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:35:20 -0800
In defense of the rule, as a new competitor this year, the biggest
improvements to my driving have come after riding with people in my class,
or having them ride with me.  The "Oh . . . that's how you're supposed to
drive" factor and having them point out obvious mistakes during your run
can't be underestimated.

Obviously, since I was last in BS last week (it's the tires I tell you),
nobody is going to care what I do, but I would follow the rules even if
nobody cared.  The allowance for riding is a big deal to people starting
out, and from what I've seen so far, this level of competition is supposed
to be friendly and fun, not about rules and protests and winning at the
expense of fun.

So, that's my 2 cents.  I thought it would be worth hearing what someone on
the novice side of the felt.

-Scott