Re: Miata classification question.

To: "ba-autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata classification question.
From: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:25:10 -0800
John, your argument makes complete sense to me. Where is the "removable"
stuff in the rules...I'd like to have a look.

Seems to me, though, that if British roadsters can remove their tops, side
curtains...side window frames...thumb screws, snaps, bows in pockets, etc.,
then we with Miatas should be able to take our tops off too...not just put
them down.

Maybe there is some place in the rules that specifies that it can't be
removed if tools need to be used?  I couldn't find anywhere addressing this
issue...please advise...

I'd also be concerned about 3.4 and the SEB excluding this model as a
limited availability option package...which would make the update/backdate
thing moot.

There also may be a problem with 14.1.C.  This configuration is not
standard from the model it was considered taken from...they are talking
about building 50 cars with this configuration (maybe more). You can't order
the car with this modification but have to order one of the special made
cars configured that way and have to be a member of the support program to
buy one. One could possibly argue these points.

Oh, I remember where I read it...for SM2...18.1.F.  I might have problem
running the Miata in SM(2) with the roof delete due to this one stating
..."firewall, roof, doors"..."must remain stock".  I knew I saw it
somewhere.

Charles
mailto:charles@coastalbay.com