Obtaining a title to an registered vehicle

Subject: Obtaining a title to an registered vehicle
From: Darrell Walker <walker@dwalker.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 14:09:34 PDT
There was some information a while back about obtaining a title
with just a bill-of-sale, I belive the state was Alabama.  Does
anyone have a copy of the discussion?  My cousin has an old VW
bus that he bought from a guy who never transferred the title,
and now California (he'e in Washington) wants him to pay the
back registration fees (some $700) before they will release the
title to him.

Thanks!

--
   Darrell Walker                 walker@dwalker.rose.hp.com
   (916) 785-4059                 HPDesk: Darrell Walker/HP5200/UM