Re: Jaremko at the vintage races

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jaremko at the vintage races
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:28:26 -0700
As Sid said "Generalizations"

We can pigeon-hole people all we want but they will surprise you. Do any of
you remember that web page of the 356 fanatic that someone found last year?
Even though he was speaking Porsche, We all understood him, We all felt his
good for his luck in finding the car he wanted, understood his frustrations
over the P.O. items he found and applauded his victory in the outcome. Now
there was a Porsche owner that, like us, knew every bolt and nut, and left
some skin on most of them.

And, like Marc pointed out, Vintage Racing is not Racing at all, It's a
museum piece in motion. They DO NOT WANT to swap paint. They Do NOT WANT to
push it to the limit and possible break it. NO WAY. As a matter of fact,
They will throw you out for just that. The don't want even the chance of an
incident.

Listen, Our car are fast. Last year there were ZERO roadsters competitive at
the run offs. not because our cars would not be competitive, because there
not enough of them running. Don't you think a Datsun Roadster could have
SPANKED The LIVING S*** out of the Fiat Roadster that Won GP? Gee, I do.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
65 L-320 Pickup
Los Angeles