Re: Light trucks (OT)

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Subject: Re: Light trucks (OT)
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:10:43 -0800
"Hall, Phillip" wrote:

> <snip>My wife likes 4 door sedans.  They are front drivers

Not all of them, hell, not even most of them.

> and no matter how much you spend on one, they are throw away cars.  Nobody
> wants a front driver with 150,000 plus miles on it.  They gravitate to the
> junk yard very quickly after this many miles.

WADR, Phillip, but that's horses#*t - my wife's '84 Toyota Corolla went nearly
a quarter
of a million miles virtually trouble-free (OK, I did replace the clutch, once,
at about
210,000 miles) and the only reason we moved on from there was that as the
family grew we
needed more room (VW Passat Wagon - front-driver with excellent road-handling,
best value
on the market in it's size range)