Beware!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, offtilt@yahoo.com
Subject: Beware!
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:10:54 -0800
Group
It saddens me to have to do this.  I don't intend to turn this post into
my personal bitch forum.  However, I feel it necessary to post the
follow so as to warn you.  Some of you may dislike me for doing so.
That is OK.  You chose who you want to patronize, who you can trust, as
will I.  What happened to this individual is not known to me, but what
ever it is does not excuse one's behavior.  This is the second time I
have been burned.  The following emails are in chronological order,
starting with the first one sent.  Nothing has been left out.
Greg Burrows
Karma:  It's not just a concept, it's a way of life

Friday, Sept 7th 2001
Greg Burrows wrote:

> Howdie Rosco.  I understand that you have a KA24de engine swap kit
> available.  What does it include and how much?  Also, saw your new
> fender repair kit for the bottom (where they rust out)... COOL!  Just
> what I am looking for.  Will be ordering when I get that far.  I am in

> the process of redoing a '69 1600.  This car was going to be for my
> wife, but we ended up buying another car:  Jason Hoppe's '68 1600.
You
> know this car, right?  Good God, he spent some money and time on this
> car!  He said you have the redone seats sitting in your shop.  If it's

> ok with you, can they sit there a bit longer, until I get the chance
> drive up?  I need to inventory the car and see what else I need.  I
need
> to finish the '69 first, or it won't get done and I won't have the
funds
> to do the '68.  So far, I know I will need all the wiring (dash and
hood
> and any other).  How much for the '68 wiring?  I am considering an
> SR20det engine for this car, even though he has totally rebuilt the
1600
> and trans.  Either that, or the KA24de.  Do you know anyone who has
done
> the SR20det swap?  I would love to talk with them.  Thanks for you
help!

> Greg

> > datsunsport wrote:

The kit is for the KA24 and includes the motor mount set up(brackets to
attach motor to roadster mounts) and the trans mount system. $300. I
think you got a great deal with Jason's car. wiring for 68 NLA. dont
know anyone with the SR20 set up.

Ross

Thursday, March 7, 2002

Well, it so

Friday, March 8, 2002
> > datsunsport wrote:
> >
> > > i will not be here and the seats are not here anymore.
> > >
> > > Ross

Friday, March 8th, 2002
> Greg Burrows wrote:

Uh, what do you mean "they are not here anymore"?  If you sold them or
used them, they were not yours do so with.  You acknowledged that you
had the seats in the email I sent Sept 7th, and you understood that I
had purchased the car and was claiming all parts for it.  Jason paid for
those seats.  You need to be a bit more forthcoming in your explanation,
don't you think?  I will give you over the weekend to respond before I
post my opinion loud and clear to every Roadster owner and web site I
can.  You decide what kind of person you want to be.
Greg

On March 8th I emailed Jason
Jason Hoppe wrote:

Whoa! After I pick myself off the floor.

So he sold them, gave them away, are in storage or were
they were just stolen? There was nearly $1600 in those
seats. Those were NOS Nissan seats and then all new covers
for them plus $200 for him to have them put on. I also paid
for new tracks!

I am very upset! For me and for you and for everyone else
out there that has to deal with him.

It makes me sick just thinking about it.

- jason

Then, I did more research, and contacted Jason again for more info

March 9th, 2002
Greg Burrows wrote:

Jason, I was going through the old receipts and came across one for
Rallye Roadster (Kapowsin, WA) regarding seats.  It shows a listing for
2 seats without upholstery for $650, 2 used headrests for $120 then
something about "w/sens in old upholstery".  It also says "Credit due of
$75.00 when our upholstery is sent in."  Total was  $850.40.  Before I
totally blast Ross at Sports Imports (Canada and Blaine,WA), I want to
make sure he is truly the bad guy I think he is.  Do you remember this
transaction?  Are you sure that Ross had the seats and you paid for them
etc etc.?  Sorry to drag you into this.  I hope you understand.
Greg

Then, to be fair, I sent the following email to Ross

> > I sent you a blistering email that may or may not be warranted.  I
am
> > continuing to investigate.  As yet, I have not posted anything to
anyone.  If
> > I am wrong, I will apologize.  If not, I will proceed.  However,
regardless
> > of how this comes out, your email response left too many questions
open.
> > Greg

In the mean time, Jason responded with the following two emails:

Sunday, March 10th 2002
Jason Hoppe wrote:

That is correct costs for the seats. I also bought original
upholstery for several hundred dollars, paid Ross $200 plus
for them to be covered, and for them being painted. The
receipt for the new upholstery was in the list of things
also. so the $1600 is'nt far from the truth if not right
on.

And

Monday, March 11 2002
Jason Hoppe wrote:

The seats came from Rallye and so did the headrests. The
upholstery came from Dean in San Francisco. Ross had the
seats painted, and the covers put on them and also cleaned
up the tracks.

If Ross sold the seats, he had no right to since there was
nothing owing on them, there was no way he could claim them
as his.

- jason

Finally, Ross responds

Monday, March 11 2002
datsunsport wrote:

> storage fees on the seats warranted me selling them to pay for them. I
have in
> stock a set of reproduction seat covers for the original 68-70 seats
same as the
> other seats. I can offer you the new set of covers. send your address
and they
> are on their way
>
> Ross

I contacted Jason regarding storage fees

Monday, March 11, 2002
Greg Burrows wrote:

Well, I finally got a response.  Was there any mention previously about
"storage fees"?  When did you send them, do you remember?  Sounds to me
like he is offering me about $150.00 (his cost, or less) for what you
paid at least $1400 or more for... I have not responded yet.
Greg

Jason immediately responded:

Jason Hoppe wrote:

Storage fees my ASS! He would store a car there for $75 a
month. Seats I can't imagine would be so expensive to store
that it would warrant selling them.

And never was there any mention of a storage fee. He
assured me that they were safe and sound, never, ever was
there any thing said that storage was an issue.

He knew my number, he knew that you were the new owner, he
acknoweldged that he still had the seats and never did the
storage become an issue.

Sounds like greed was the issue.

- jason

And finally, my response to Ross about 20 minutes ago:

Monday, March 11, 2002
Greg Burrows wrote:

One of the good things about Jason was that he kept records and receipts
of
everything.  I have a receipt from Rallye Roadster with a total of over
$850 for new
old stock seats and 2 used headrests.  I also have a receipt for $200
from Fairlady
for new upholstery.  According to Jason's documentation, he paid you
another $200 to
install the upholstery and paint the seats, plus even more $$ for new
seat tracks.
What does that add up to... $1250 to $1400  or so?  And you sold them
for "storage
fees?"  God knows that seats do take up a lot of room.  And to replace
those $1400
seats, you're offering me $150 worth of upholstery?
Ross, you insult me, dismiss me, and way under-estimate me.  I offered
you a chance
to redeem yourself, but instead you chose to continue the facade, to try
and squirm
your way around instead of taking responsibility.  Keep your covers and
your
bullshit for some other poor individual who doesn't know any better.  I
will just
make it a point to make sure those people are few and far between.
Greg

And so, you are all now warned.
Greg Burrows