RE: Beware!

To: "'Vicki Burrows'" <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Beware!
From: robbieharrison@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:26:06 -0500
Let me make sure I followed this correctly -

1. You bought a '68 from Jason Hoppe sometime prior to 7-Sept
2. Jason told you that Ross had a pair of seats that he was reworking
for Jason
3. You emailed Ross on 7-Sept, mentioned a major shopping list, asked
him to hold the seats "a bit longer"
4. In his reply to your 7-Sept message Ross made no acknowledgement of
the seats. They went unmentioned for 6 months
5. After 6 months you drop an email on Thursday, asking if you can pick
up the seats on Saturday
6. Ross replied on Friday that the seats are gone and he'll be out of
town
7. You sent email back on Friday, obviously upset, threatening
retaliation without even knowing what happened to the seats
8. His phone number is posted on his website - phones are MUCH better
than email for solving a problem (I assume no call was made, since none
was mentioned)
9. After stewing all weekend, and still relying on this glorified
telegraph machine rather than a phone, you reject Ross's offer of
compensation and proceed directly to trashing him on the list

Did I miss anything? After the crap that went on recently over another
vendor, I doubt that anybody was really looking forward to another
round.

We've never met, and being on opposite coasts we may never meet. All I
ever bought from Ross was a few patches on EBay, so I really don't know
him either. In two years on the list I don't recall anyone having a bad
thing to say about him. I do remember him offering to give a frame to
someone whose roadster was stolen from him, then recovered less the
frame. Maybe it's not too late for a phone call to make a better
resolution than what you have now. I hope so.

Email is great when everybody is on the same wavelength, but can be VERY
bad when there is a misunderstanding. Email is all black and white. This
sounds to me like a situation where things need TALKING, not TYPING.

Just my 2 cents from the east coast

Robbie Harrison
'68 2000